We're Hiring! Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant provides administrative and operational support to the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and staff. This position works closely with the Executive Director to establish and manage the operating systems, policies, and practices that will support the organization’s ambitious agenda and plans for growth over the next two years. Given the urgency of the climate crisis and the need to define and scale equitable policy solutions as quickly as possible, we are eager to invest in significant organizational growth. We are searching for a team member who shares our values and passion for advancing just and equitable climate solutions and who is ready to contribute meaningfully to our highly skilled team of policy experts, researchers, educators, and field builders. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Below are specific required and preferred skills and abilities for this position. We know that women and Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) often do not apply for positions when they do not meet everything on the list. If that is the case for you, we encourage you to apply anyway.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Three plus years of experience in an administrative position, ideally working for non-profit organizations, philanthropy, or the public sector.
- Ability to work in highly diverse teams and organizations.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through, and highly organized
- Experience in meetings to identify action items and develop and project manage necessary follow-up.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Direct, open communication style, with a solid ability to represent and professionally communicate with partners, funders, and staff.
- Ability to track, manage, and prioritize effectively and in a timely manner while working on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a highly collaborative environment with various projects and programs simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, and Drive), Asana, Slack, Mailchimp, and database system(s).
- Experience working with an Executive or “C-Suite” leadership team.
- Experience working on environmental or climate justice issues or campaigns as a volunteer or staff person.
- Experience working in highly diverse groups and organizations.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational experience.
For a complete overview of the position summary, job responsibilities, qualifications and more, please view the job description here.
Salary: $65,000 - $70,000
Reports to: Aiko Schaefer, Executive Director.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter outlining their interest in the position and their capacity to do the job. The cover letter can be addressed to Aiko Schaefer, Executive Director, and sent via email to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until February 14, 2023. The position will remain open until filled.